15.9.13

Twenty Something Bliss



I turned the big two three a couple of weeks back and thought I should probably do some kind of a reflection. Its been one heck of a ride so far, but I think the best is yet to come. I really do. For all my younger readers and those in their early twenty somethings, I hope this is something you could relate too.

If I could give my teen self some advice it would go something like this:


23 Things I'm grateful to know
  1. Take a moment to appreciate what you have and how far you are going to go.
  2. Make more time for your family, they really are your core.
  3. Dance like a mad chicken, who gives a crap?
  4. Join a class that you’ve always wanted to (language, film production, cooking etc.)
  5. Spend more time with your besties, there’s nothing like spending hours talking, laughing and eating with them.
  6. Try and make your mum or dad a meal, they really do appreciate it.
  7. You know those self image issues you have? fuck it or do something about it.
  8. Put your career and ambitions first, if he/she is of worthy love, they will find a way to complement you not tear you.
  9. Travel more, may that be domestic or international? There really is a whole new world out there waiting for you to explore.
  10. You know that dream or hobby you love? You should really go and pursue it.
  11. Get yourself an education, but don’t kill yourself if you don’t get the grades you’ve wanted.
  12. Learn to reverse and parallel park like a pro, trust me you will need it one day.
  13. If all else fails, watch cartoons. There is nothing a little Arthur or Sailor moon can’t fix. 
  14. If you need to decide which path to take, flip a coin, the one you hope to come up is the answer.  
  15. Its ok to cry, it really is, your not weak…your human.
  16. Talk to your siblings more, when your parents go they really will be the only part of them you have left.
  17. Never let anyone question your intelligence, their an asshole for thinking that your stupid in the first place.
  18. Set aside some me time, to do what you love? Who’s the one living your life? YOU
  19. Always tell and show how much you love someone, you really don’t know what tomorrow will be. 
  20. If you really want that oreo mcflurry, go and freaking get it.
  21. Let music set you free, it can really bring you back memories with its melody or even get you through with its lyrics.
  22. Never, ever compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 10.
  23. Give your self some gratitude for how far you’ve come, your fucking awesome. 

At 23, I am grateful for all of these blessings in my life:

Mi familia :)






These cute growly fluff balls


My gorgeous girls






Him



And you thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings :) your contribution to my stats really does brighten up my day.


Please leave me a comment if you likey this post, share me some of your wisdom or  even drop me an email at thesummerjade@gmail.com I would love to hear from you :)


























No comments:

Post a Comment

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-41641145-1', 'thesummerjade.blogspot.com'); ga('send', 'pageview');